Yokogawa Test & Measurement has announced a cost-effective benchtop optical spectrum analyzer optimized for the production testing of datacom and telecom devices such as laser diodes, optical transceivers, and optical amplifiers. According to the manufacturer, it suits production testing due to its attributes such as the speed of measurement, robust design and lower capital cost.
The new AQ636 offers a sweep speed twice that of other OSA models designed for R&D purposes, thus improving production throughput, and features the convenient free-space optical input which supports both single-mode and multimode fibre testing.
Key performance features include:
- wavelength range from 1200 to 1650 nm
- selectable wavelength resolution from 0.1 to 2 nm
- high wavelength accuracy of ±0.02 nm
- high dynamic range of 55 dB
- wide measurement range from +20 to -80 dBm
Key benefits of the AQ6360 include:
- Costing approximately 30% less than the AQ6370D model
- Stable measurement independent of optical fiber type: It accepts light signal inputs from both single-mode and multimode fibers, ensuring stable measurement independent of the optical fiber type.
- High-speed measurement of optical signals, approximately two times faster than the AQ6370D
- Compact dimensions measuring just 426 mm × 459 mm × 177 mm, and weight of only 15.5 kg, making it approximately 20% shorter and lighter than the AQ6370D.