A touchscreen bench/production test DMM with more measurement capability – including transient capture, data visualization, and analysis – at the price of other 6½-digit DMMs with far less performance.
The 6½ digit Keithley DMM6500 is a modern Bench/System digital multimeter (DMM) ideally suited for design engineers and production test engineers. The DMM claims to offer more measurement functionality, best-in-class measurement insight and a price that will not break the budget.
Key benefits of the DMM
Visualize data and identify measurement trends with the ease of a touchscreen: The most recognizable feature of the DMM6500 is the large capacitive touchscreen display that helps to get instant measurement insight, such as capturing transient signals and seeing data trends and statistics right on the touchscreen, so you can analyze your data faster and eliminate making additional measurements.
- Display plots of waveforms including overlays of one waveform over another.
- Pinch and zoom features allow studying transients and signal waveshapes.
- User cursors and computer statistics to characterize waveforms
A wider range of measurements: Users get 15 built-in measurement functions, including digitizing, capacitance, and temperature. The DMM6500 helps to make low current and low resistance measurements on low-power devices. Users can capture transient signals with the built-in digitizer and see two measurements simultaneously to maximize test data. The DMM eliminates the need for additional instruments.
Multi-channel/Scanning Applications: When characterizing or profiling your design it is often critical to make a series of measurements. In these applications the need for automated multi-channel measurements is advantageous. The DMM6500 is equipped with a scanner card slot allowing up to 10 channels of switching, giving you the capability to make automated multi-channel measurements.
Greater production test throughput and lower cost of test:
- Users can make measurements as short as 0.0005 power line cycles or 8.3 µs (10 µs) for 60 Hz (50 Hz) power lines.
- On-instrument, intelligent, command and control processing helps reduce PC communication for reduced test time.
Extensive set of interface options: Standard LAN LXI and USB plus optional GPIB, RS-232, and TSP-Link interfaces
No need to write new code while upgrading: Code emulation for popular Keithley and competitive DMMs allow quick and easy code conversion and faster upgrade.
Key features at a glance:
- 15 measurement functions including capacitance, temperature, and digitizing
- Expanded measurement ranges include 10 pA to 10 A and 1 mΩ to 100 MΩ
- Large 5-inch (12.7 cm) multi-touch capacitive touchscreen with graphical display
- Large internal memory; store up to 7 million readings
- Multiple language modes: SCPI, TSP scripting, Keithley 2000 SCPI emulation, Keysight 34401A SCPI emulation
- Two-year specifications allow for longer calibration cycles
- Standard USB-TMC and LXI/Ethernet communication
- Optional user-installable communication interfaces including: GPIB, TSP-Link, and RS-232
- Capture voltage or current transients with 1 MS/sec digitizer
- USB host port for storing readings, instrument configurations, and screen images
- Three-year warranty
For more information, click here.