Provides fast, affordable and systematic wideband mmWave analysis, thus accelerating the development of next generation mmWave communications
Keysight Technologies, a leading technology for accelerating innovation to connect and secure the world, has launched its first single box multi-channel solution for wideband mmWave measurements. The new solution is fast, affordable and provides systematic analysis for wideband measurements up to 110 GHz, thus accelerating the development of next generation mmWave communications, satellite and radar communications.
Features of UXR-Series oscilloscopes
Keysight’s mmWave Wideband Analyzer UXR-Series oscilloscopes enable dynamic wideband analysis for frequencies of up to 110 GHz, and offers customers several features such as:
- Unique bandwidth pricing model that matches typical RF equipment, in which the price correlates with the analysis bandwidth needed – eliminating the need to purchase the full frequency range the oscilloscope hardware supports.
- Can configure optional 5 GHz or 10 GHz analysis bandwidth windows within and above the UXR’s natively licensed bandwidth – limited only by the hardware’s maximum supported frequency range.
- Hardware accelerated DDC (Digital Down Conversion) decimate oscilloscope captures in real-time enabling deep captures exceeding several seconds of time. This increases processing speed up to 100x (faster than non-decimated measurements).
- Less than 2 GHz availability of DDC analysis bandwidth can be used in conjunction with available mmWave frequency extension options for extending DDC accelerated frequency ranges to as high as 110 GHz.
- Superior signal integrity with error vector magnitude (EVM) below 0.6 percent for 5G new radio (NR) FR2 tests and 1 percent for 802.11ay technologies, i.e. EVM measurements taken now reflect the true device under test (DUT) performance, without impairments caused by noise of the measurement system.
Traditionally, measurements for frequencies of 100 GHz required a combination of instruments. This led to purchase an expensive 1mm input oscilloscope with 80 to 110 GHz of bandwidth. However, in recent years, mmWave and RF technologies have increased frequencies above 100 GHz, (with wide bandwidth needs) to 10s of GHz. Technologies such as 802.11ay (WiGig), 802.11ad (gigabit wireless), satellite communications, radar, and 5G, have frequencies that reach well into the mmWave spectrum.
“Keysight recognised the growing need for a cost-effective oscilloscope that supported today’s emerging mmWave technology wide bandwidth measurement requirements,” said Brad Doerr, vice president and general manager of digital and photonics R&D for Keysight’s Communications Solutions Group. “Keysight’s UXR is the first oscilloscope on the market to address mmWave technologies and advanced applications such multiple input multiple output (MIMO) with up to four channels for the price of a 25 GHz scope.”
Visit here to know more about product information