- Includes features for exceptional connectivity and functionality
- Beneficial for test engineers working with bench-top and automated systems
element14 Development Distributor has added Rohde & Schwarz’s NGP800 Series of power supplies to its portfolio which will greatly benefit design and test engineers to perform well connected, safe and flexible functions. It is made up of five 2- and 4-channel models that operate at either 400W or 800W, thus being suitable for both bench-top and automated test systems.
The NGP800 power supply series has a 12.7cm (5 inches) high-resolution touch display that simplifies output synchronisation, waveform tests and logging data for in-depth analysis. It features:
- Full flexibility: Two or four outputs can be connected in parallel or series to each other for increasing the output current or voltage. Each output is capable of independent operation, with a synchronised on/off function, ensuring correct application of system power.
- Complete safety: Overcurrent protection (OCP), overvoltage protection (OVP), overpower protection (OPP) and thermal overload shutdown functions protect the load. Maximum output current, voltage and power can be set separately for each channel.
- Ease of functionality: Output ramp function (EasyRamp), output delay and Arbitrary function (QuickArb) emulate a variety of power supplies, including unstable devices. Other features include simultaneous logging of voltage and current on all outputs, with data available as a .CSV file for reports and documentation and remote sensing to improve voltage regulation.
- Strengthened connectivity: The standard USB and LAN interfaces enable the NGP800 to be controlled remotely in ATE systems or production lines. Further connectivity can be enabled through the optional GPIB interface, digital trigger I/O, analogue input and wireless LAN.
All models come with a 3-year warranty.
James McGregor, Global Head of Test & Tools at Farnell and element14 said, “We are delighted to introduce this new series of next-generation power supplies from Rohde & Schwarz. This exciting new product range further demonstrates our continued commitment to bring-to-market the very best in T&M equipment, supporting our customers for all their test needs. Our partnership with Rohde & Schwarz gives our customers access to a large range of test and measurement instruments, combining the innovative expertise of Rohde & Schwarz with element14’s leading global distribution network and support services.”
All models of the Rohde & Schwarz NGP800 Series are can be obtained from Farnell in EMEA, element14 in APAC and Newark in North America.